Dragon Naturally Speaking
Dragon Naturally Speaking is dictation software from Nuance. It is also a popular Assistive Technology for people with physical disabilities and is used for its voice control capabilities.
We include Dragon Naturally Speaking for windows in our core AT support. Dragon Naturally Speaking for Mac is listed in extended support.
This information is still in development. Feel free to contribute. The following still needs to be done:
- Add information on how to capture output for tests (manual, copy/paste, etc)
- Add details on how to find the version of this AT and os
- Proof read
- Ensure that the listed commands are accurate and make sense
- Purchase Dragon Naturally Speaking from Nuance. A demo is not available.
- Download and install.
- click "Yes" to the prompt to enable the browser extensions after you install.
- You will likely need to train the software to work with your voice.
Guides, Documentation, and resources
The following are some common commands.
|Activate actionable item||"Click <text>"||If there are multiple choices with the same text, they will be labeled by numbers. Say "Choose <number>" to finish.|
|Choose drop down option||"Choose <option text>"|
|Click Type||Click <type>||where type is "link", "button", "text field", "image", "Check box", "Radio Button", etc. Dragon will then flag each matching element with a number. Say "choose <number>" to finish.|
|Hide drop down choices||"Hide choices"|
|Next actionable item||"Press Tab"|
|Show drop down choices||"Show choices"|
|Undo entered text||"Scratch that"|