Dragon Naturally Speaking
Dragon Naturally Speaking is dictation software from Nuance. It is also a popular Assistive Technology for people with physical disabilities and is used for its voice control capabilities.
- Purchase Dragon Naturally Speaking from Nuance. A demo is not available.
- Download and install.
- click "Yes" to the prompt to enable the browser extensions after you install.
- You will likely need to train the software to work with your voice.
How to find your version
- From the system search, type "About Dragon"
- Click "About Dragon"
- Use the number listed in the resulting dialog
Guides, Documentation, and resources
The following are some common commands.
|Activate item by name||"Click <text>"||If there are multiple choices with the same text, they the first one on the screen will be clicked. To disambiguate, use the "click <role>" command.|
|Choose drop down option||"Choose <option text>"|
|Click Type||Click <role>||where role is "link", "button", "text field", "image", "Check box", "Radio Button", etc. If there are multiple instances of the role, Dragon will then flag each matching element with a number. Say "choose <number>" to finish.|
|Hide drop down choices||"Hide choices"|
|Next actionable item||"Press Tab"|
|Show drop down choices||"Show choices"|
|Undo entered text||"Scratch that"|
|press a keyboard command||"press <key>"|
|Move down <n> options||"Move down <n>"||must be in a listbox context|
|Move up <n> options||"Move up <n>"||must be in a listbox context|