Many assistive technologies either emulate keyboard commands or leverage keyboard commands to work correctly. As such, keyboard accessibility is a fundamental aspect of accessibility.
You do not need to install anything special to enable keyboard functionality. However, you do need to enable keyboard support in some platforms.
- Windows: No configuration needed.
- System preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Use keyboard navigation to move focus between controls.
- AND: Safari Preferences > Advanced > Accessibility > Press Tab to highlight each item on a webpage.
- Settings > accessibility > keyboards > and enable Full Keyboard Access.
- Then connect a Bluetooth keyboard.
- Android: connect a bluetooth keyboard.
How to find your version
Use the OS version.
The following are some common commands.
|Navigate to the next focusable item||Tab|
|Navigate to the previous focusable item||Tab|
|Navigate forward within a control||Down arrow|
|Navigate backward within a control||Tab|